Tuition & Affordability
At La Scuola, we strive to make our school and our program as accessible as possible. La Scuola offers sliding scale tuition, which is currently used by 30% of families. Please do not hesitate to inquire about sliding scale tuition, or directly complete the FAST Application Form.
San Francisco Tuition Fees (Includes Lunch)
San Francisco Campuses 2023 - 2024
Preschool Half Day (AM)
Preschool Full Day
|Elementary (Grades K-5)||$41,300|
|Middle School (Grades 6-8)||$43,675|
Silicon Valley Tuition Fees (Includes Lunch)
SILICON VALLEY CAMPUS 2023 - 2024
Preschool Half Day (AM)
Preschool Full Day
|Elementary (Grades K-5)||$36,100|
Sliding Scale Tuition
2024-25 Sliding Scale Tuition Policy and Guidelines
The purpose of La Scuola’s Sliding Scale Tuition program is to provide financial assistance to families who cannot afford the full cost of tuition. Sliding scale tuition is available for Grandi (3-4 years old), Grandissimi (4-5 years old), and Kindergarten - Grade 8. Diversity enriches the educational opportunity for all families, and participation of a wide range of families is critical to an inclusive school such as La Scuola. Sliding scale tuition is offered on the basis of the demonstrated financial need of the family. Grants are awarded to families according to their level of need as determined by the Independent School Management Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program, which provides objective, third-party financial needs assessments, and La Scuola’s Tuition Committee. There are no merit-based awards.
All information from FAST is kept in strict confidence, as is all information relating to a family’s tuition sliding scale request. Final sliding scale tuition decisions are based on the recommendations from FAST, the committee’s assessment of applicants’ needs, and the budgeted funds available. Unfortunately, there is always a greater demand for sliding scale tuition than there are resources. Information reviewed by the Tuition Committee and discussions within committee meetings are strictly confidential.
In accordance with equal opportunity standards, sliding scale tuition awards are made without regard to a student’s race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identification, sexual identification, family composition, disability, or age and in compliance with existing State and Federal laws or regulations.
La Scuola International School is an independent non-profit school that meets the charitable and educational definitions of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (Tax Identification Number: 56-2293184). As such, La Scuola receives no funding from State or Federal sources.
Sliding Scale Tuition Application Process
Families requesting sliding scale tuition must submit an application online via the Independent School Management Financial Aid for School Tuition (FAST) Program. The FAST application form is available online. Sliding scale tuition is available for Grandi (3-4 years old), Grandissimi (4-5 years old), and Kindergarten - Grade 8.
- The application fee is $53
- The application deadline is February 1, 2024
- The Tax Documents deadline is February 8, 2024
Applicants for Sliding Scale Tuition need to file their Federal and State tax returns early. Sliding scale tuition awards are tentative until receipt and review of your completed returns by the La Scuola Tuition Committee. We reserve the right to adjust your award upon review of those returns. If you do not submit all the required documents requested to complete your application, we may withdraw the entire grant.
Award determination letters are mailed along with enrollment contracts. Sliding Scale Tuition dollars are limited and demand is high, so please file your application on time. Please note that applications for sliding scale tuition for new families can only be processed if the student’s admissions application is complete.
In allocating sliding scale tuition resources the following factors are considered:
- The applicant family’s financial resources and circumstances
- Ability to pay tuition and fees as determined by FAST
- Commitment to independent, international, immersion education
- Adults in the household are fully employed
- Applicant family’s expenses include tuition paid to schools and colleges other than La Scuola
- Full enrollment
- The applicant family’s completed and timely application
For Sliding Scale Tuition questions, please contact Nichole Leon directly.
- Does my family qualify for sliding scale tuition?
- Will we receive sliding scale tuition if our family qualifies?
- Does a family need to apply for sliding scale tuition each year?
- We did not apply for sliding scale tuition when we first applied for Kindergarten. Can we apply for sliding scale tuition the following year?
- Does a non-working parent affect the sliding scale tuition award?
- Are non-custodial parents responsible for a child’s tuition as well?
- For students of divorced parents, are both parents required to apply?
- If multiple children attend tuition charging schools, is it expected that the family will apply for sliding scale tuition at all schools?