Health & Safety Plan
Moving Through the Pandemic
As one of the very first schools in San Francisco to reopen during the Pandemic, La Scuola continues to adhere to San Francisco Department of Public Health policies to guide COVID-19 mitigation efforts on campus. The principles that guided our early return to campus in 2020 and are still relied on today include:
- Fostering the physical and emotional well-being of our students, staff and our community. From the very start, our goal was to bring our students back on campus and we prioritize keeping them in school as much as possible.
- Offering the exceptional education we have always delivered. The educational experience, and our curriculum have not changed and will entail Italian language immersion, International Baccalaureate Units of Inquiry, and our Reggio Approach, with the same learning outcomes as before.
- Relying on our flexibility and empathy as we leverage our expertise in dynamic teaching to adapt as we learn and grow through this experience.
- Mutual trust in and from our community to respect our social contract by adhering to the health and safety protocols we share.
- Deferring to science and data from a vast network in conjunction with local and national guidelines
While the COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan (link is external) has now officially been retired, the best practices listed below are still in place and prioritized, including the most powerful tool against COVID-19, vaccinations.
We continue to prioritize the safety and health of our community, including those that are immuno-compromised and those ineligible to get vaccinated. La Scuola school policy requires the Covid-19 vaccine for all employees and eligible students with very limited exceptions (as mandated by federal law that will allow for medical exemptions consistent with CDC guidance and manufacturer labeling on contraindications and precautions). Boosters are strongly encouraged.
Any exceptions will be asked to get tested weekly and provide results to campus administration. Once the vaccine is approved by FDA for non emergency use we will require all students to be vaccinated. Vaccination sites and resources may be found by contacting your healthcare provider or by learning more at https://sf.gov/get-vaccinated-against-covid-19.
Anyone experiencing any illness symptoms must stay home and follow guidance for testing, isolation and quarantine as outlined by SFDPH.
SFDPH Response Protocols
La Scuola follows SFDPH guidelines COVID-19 guidelines for testing, home isolation, quarantine measures and returning to school as appropriate. Resources are listed below.
La Scuola maximizes the use of windows, large classrooms and ventilation systems to maximize intake of fresh air and minimize recirculated air, based on Harvard’s “Schools for Health” guide. Spending time outdoors is built into the daily schedule including lunch time, weather permitting.
Important Links for Parents
- Upload Student Vaccination Card
- Upload Student COVID-19 Test Results
- On-Campus Testing Consent Form (Mission Campus Only)
- SFDPH Guidance / En Español
Beginning January 15, 2022, individuals with private health insurance coverage or covered by a group health plan who purchase an over-the-counter COVID-19 diagnostic test authorized, cleared, or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will be able to have those test costs covered by their plan or insurance. Insurance companies and health plans are required to cover 8 free over-the-counter at-home tests per covered individual per month.
- Find out about your COVID-19 testing options | San Francisco (drop in options available)
- Kyla and SummerBio Testing
- Where to get the best deals on at-home rapid COVID tests as Omicron surges - mlive.com
- On Point Testing
- iHealth Labs Inc
COVID-19 Related Questions?
Email COVID19@lascuolasf.org to report positive cases, close contact and for general questions around guidance and policies.
Email AdminK8@lascuolasf.org or AdminPreK@lascuolasf.org to report student illness symptoms, absences, report routine negative COVID-19 test results and with any questions about student vaccination cards.