Parificazione: official recognition by Italian Ministry of Education
Another key accomplishment for La Scuola!
We are excited to announce that we received our Parificazione (Italian Government Accreditation) from the Ministry of Education in Italy as a recognized Italian School abroad! The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has published a press release on their website, which can be read here.
While this does not change our IB status nor our pedagogical approach, it strengthens our Italian Curriculum and opens up even more possibilities for our students and faculty. We know many of you have a dream of living in Italy for a year, and this will make it easier for your child to transfer to and from an Italian school!
What does this mean for La Scuola and your child?
- Funding from Italy for teaching Italian
- Funding for Professional Development
- Access to the excellent academic and curriculum resources available to all schools in Italy
- The ability to move to a school in Italy from La Scuola and vice-versa
- Continuing to ensure the quality of our Italian program
- Allow our local Italian Consulate to support us and promote us locally and nationally
Thank You to our Italian Immersion Committee, made of La Scuola teachers and administrators, that has worked hard over the past year and a half to make this happen. And GRAZIE to Italian Consul General and La Scuola parent, Lorenzo Ortona and the Director of Educational Programs at the Italian Consulate Anna Zeppieri for their hard work, unwavering support and for going above and beyond the call of duty to make the whole process and the visit from the ministry and accreditation process smoother.