Volunteer at La Scuola
Volunteering is highly valued at La Scuola and it is an important part of the Reggio Emilia philosophy. Each family is expected to share their time and talent by doing general volunteer work, serving on a school committees or in connection with one of our fundraisers. There are many ways to contribute your time and enthusiasm for the benefit of our children and our community. Parental involvement is key to making our events a success!
Volunteer committees include:
- Development / La Dolce Vita
- Konstella / Technology
- Room Parents (Grades K-8)
- Welcome picnic
- Holiday party
- Italian Heritage parade
- Beach clean up
- Mission Carneval
- Teacher appreciation
All La Scuola parents are part of the Parents Association which supports our children, faculty and community as a whole. Grazie di cuore!
Fundraising and Events
- Spring Gala: Every spring we organize a gala silent auction and party for parents and members of the community in the Bay Area. Parents and staff are expected to play an active role in the event, such as: Soliciting Donations, Set-Up, Assist on-site at the event.
- Family Picnics: Come meet each other or reconnect.
- Holiday Party: Our traditional holiday party with a special appearance by Babbo Natale.
Website Image and Video Acknowledgement
We are very grateful for the tireless volunteer work of Jutta Kamp (photography) and Enrica Cavalli (videography) for providing many of the beautiful images and videos on this website.