DEI Event: Raising Anti-Racist Kids Through Arts
- Do you value educating yourself and the kids in your life about racism and injustice, but wish you had more ideas and on how to take impactful action?
- Do you wonder how to ensure kids feel empowered to use their voice when they see injustice?
- Do you want to have more quality conversations with your kids about race and inequity?
- Do you have an interest in building an aligned community with other parents/caregivers/teachers with similar values?
- Do you believe in the power of creativity (whether or not you’ve found your own creative voice yet)?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this session may be for you!
In Radici Studios Signature-class we'll explore 5 ways to incorporate art into your own journey of raising and educating anti-racist kids. This class is geared towards adults seeking community and creative ideas for creating generational change. Please bring art-making materials (or just a pen and paper), your stories, and questions.
Jennifer Bloomer, a former La Scuola Parent, an artist, facilitator, mama, and the founder of Radici Studios in San Francisco. For the past two decades, she has painted and taught art in California, Colorado, Guatemala, Kenya, Italy, Eritrea, Thailand, and India. Jen has a BA in Latin American Studies, a Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Painting, and a Masters Degree in Expressive Arts Therapy. She has created art with people aged 1 to 81 giving space for them to find their unique creative voice in the world through the arts. Read more about Jennifer here.