La Scuola Middle School students have inquisitive minds, are phenomenal collaborators and empathetic global citizens. They don't just think outside the box, they know that the box is an illusion.
We believe that La Scuola's middle school program provides students with a strong foundation for success in high school, college and life. Beyond academics, students become independent thinkers, proficient in life skills such as communication and research. Our students build critical thinking skills, creative acumen, and a global perspective through the rigor of the International Baccalaureate curriculum, a progressive pedagogy, and bi-lingual education.
At La Scuola we educate the whole child, academically, physically and emotionally. Please join us for one of our student-run middle school tours + Q & A with school leadership on October 16, November 20, December 4 and February 12.
If you missed our tours and events, please email La Scuola Admissions to arrange a private tour.
Advantages of an International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (MYP) Education
The IB- Middle Years Programme empowers students to inquire into a wide range of issues and ideas of significance locally, nationally and globally. The result is young people who are creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
Research shows that students participating in the MYP:
- build confidence in managing their own learning
- learn by doing, connecting the classroom to the larger world
- outperform non-IB students in critical academic skills
- consistently have greater success in high school and university
- thrive in positive school cultures where they are engaged and motivated to excel
- develop an understanding of global challenges and a commitment to act as responsible citizens
Middle Years Programme IB-MYP Curriculum
The MYP organizes teaching and learning through eight subject groups.The programme promotes interdisciplinary study to help students make important connections between academic subjects. The eight subject groups are:
- Language Acquisition
- Language and Literature
- Individuals and Societies
- Physical and Health Education
Students are placed into Italian and Spanish language classes based on their language proficiency.
- Computer Science / Programming / Code.org / Scratch
- One-to-One Chromebook Program
- Digital Atelier / Digital Media / Tinkering Atelier
6th Grade Outdoor Education Overnight Trip
7th Grade National Park Trip
8th Grade Italy Trip
Application Process for Middle School
La Scuola is enrolling 6th - 8th grade students into the Middle School Program in 2020-2021.
- Complete an Online Inquiry Form
- Register for a Middle School Tour for Parents
- Apply to La Scuola by January 15, 2020
- Parents attend a parent interview with admissions staff and/or faculty
- Applicants attend a shadow day after application has been received (current 5th - 7th graders applying to 6th - 8th grade)
- Email Admissions to arrange a shadow day for middle school applicants
- Take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE). Middle School applicants are required to take the ISEE. Students in San Francisco can take the exam at several locations
To register for the ISEE, please visit http://www.iseetest.org or call 800-446-0320. Please have scores sent directly to La Scuola International School. The school code is 571047.