Continuous Learning Plans
Please take the time to review the Continuous Learning Plans. Your Division Head will also be sharing more details regarding the first day of school at least one week before learning begins.
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
La Scuola is mandated by the SF Stay Safe at Home Order to begin the school year with remote learning for all K-8 students. From the beginning of this summer, our commitment to our families has been in-person learning in compliance with SFDPH Guidelines for schools. We are happy to share that our Preschool opened as scheduled on August 4, and according to current information from city officials, preschools and daycares are not and should not be impacted by future Covid-19 shutdowns.
We are actively preparing to apply for the Elementary School Waiver that allows K-5 campuses to reopen after showing full compliance with health mandates. We have already implemented all of the health and safety procedures and so we are hopeful and optimistic that students will be learning in-person soon.
How Can We Prepare?
TEACHERS will prepare for Remote Learning days by:
- Using instructional planning and development resources provided for their use.
- Participating in group professional learning.
- Responding to student and parent inquiry.
- Monitoring and facilitating learning activities with their classes.
STUDENTS will prepare for Remote Learning days by:
- Participating in in-school practice with their teachers.
- Securing a device if needed from their school site.
PARENTS/FAMILIES will prepare for Remote Learning days by:
- Reviewing communications and materials sent to them.
- Understanding their role on such days.
- Encouraging their students’ participation.